Saturday, April 21, 2012

High Point April 2012 Sneak Preview

We zipped over to High Point today to get the early bird peak at one-of-a-kinds. Savvy designers and buyers hit the antiques first, as they go quickly. We motored over to Historic Market Square, where the Antiques and Design Center is located. Our first quarry our antiques vendor, The Wind Rose. Sally Altizer, who is a brilliant designer out of High Point, styles their space and we are always anxious to see what she's done.

In addition to antiques, accessories, lighting and art, The Wind Rose (Market Square 246, 250) has their bespoke White furniture line, with lots of graphic punch and impeccable proportion.

 I'll be at Heirloom Estates booth(MS-G-39) in the Antiques and Design Center of Market Square, from 4-6,  so please come by and say hello to me. Lisa has some really unusual things, here's a glimpse. Her Clydesdale door stop is tempting me.

I have a blog crush on Bruce Barone,  whose celebrated photography is exhibited in Antiques and Design in 30b and c. He's a bit out of the way, so hunt him down. He is a fantastic cook, so he may have some goodies for you.

Acquisitions in Market Square Suites had this whimsical menagerie, not to mention the best Noah's Ark--ever. It even has a pair of spiders!

Then, we had to see Lillian August's incredibly styled showroom to see what she's got on that brilliant design mind of hers. I will admit to parking on the sidewalk, don't try that tomorrow. Just say orange and Greek Key.... My client has been circling the slipper chair in front of the fireplace, for two markets. I think it has our names on it.

My clients are going to flip over this table. I am constantly getting calls for metal topped tables, and they are hard to find for good value.


Saturated turquoises and acidic colors are still in the mix. This market Lillian shines them up for a bit of Hollywood glam. 

This is not your Mother's decor, unless you are Lillian August's sons, but her look is fresh, timeless yet still traditional. The most talented designers know how to mix disparate elements seamlessly, that is the secret to style, and really good cooking...wine...personality...fashion. It is harmonious complexity. 

I bought the black storage cabinet for a client's breakfast room last year. I am telling you, it goes everywhere, living room, dining room, hall, bedroom, den. It is a little black dress, chameleon, as it can look modern, traditional or transitional depending on the accessories. It is urban and sophisticated in this setting, but I can tell you it is sensational in a mountain house. 

This is just pretty. Women ask me all the time if they can do girly bedrooms. The Yin and Yang of it is the casual graphic punch in the rug--a touch of nail head trim. In the morning, lets face it, men like to wake up in a woman's room. They can have their man cave in the basement or their office. As I finish up after my long first day, I wish you could all come to visit me. We've had a glorious Spring with the most perfect weather. I kid you not, it only rains at night, is warm in the sun...cool in the shade. My flowers have never been so pretty, so I'm having you over for a minute. 






More Later!
I do love my Leagrave Bench 
In case you missed it, Dovecote Decor was credited on the TODAY Show with 

Our very cool Zebra Garden Stool
Thank you again Chassie Post from Gilt Groupe
Happy Market!
Liz



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Noah's Ark! it set me dreaming.

    Enjoy your beautiful spring weather, it isn't happening everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz amazing market this year, wish I were there. You have such a great eye, and the pieces you have chosen for clients, they will love, love!!

    Your garden and bench are lovely!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mini trip to HP! I can't wait to go in the fall......I am going to have a blast. Looks like so many great things, I saw many would love to call mine. Enjoy..and LOVE your bench!
    Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz-
    You just don't let us down!! You are now the mayor of Highpoint!
    I know that you are having fun, and so are our friends.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Thank You. Loved your little tour of High Point. Didn't go this year but the look I missed. . . you have reported it well. Hope you had fun! How can one not love that crazy zebra Chinese garden stool???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh, i never want these posts to end! thank you for taking me "along" since i cannot go.

    OMG i am so intrigued with your grounds and home, have you ever shown more? must see!
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! the Today Show!! that is just amazing. I so wished I could be with you... am in rainy Connecticut instead but I really needed much catching up on work and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz,
    LOVE that metal topped table. Truly fantastic. And, yay for you and your Today Show shout out!!!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments and hope you will join the conversation! Please do not use this forum for advertising.